Thursday, December 10, 2020

Coronavirus Vaccine Is Here - Right?

The end is near…in a good way.

The coronavirus vaccine has arrived!

Actually, not here in the US - but in other parts of the world. England vaccinated its first person with the Pfizer vaccine on Tuesday. Bahrain has also approved its use.

So when do we get the shot in the U.S.? Can I go to Spain next summer after canceling the trip last summer?

Looking at timelines, I was surprised that it takes approximately 30 days to be protected against the virus from the time you take the first shot. The two part shot has to be taken 3 weeks apart. I did not realize it would take that long. Considering the first to be vaccinated are healthcare workers, the elderly, and people at high risk, it could be well in to the summer before I can get my first shot. There goes Spain.

Looking on the bright side, by the time I am vaccinated any side effects should be ironed out.

It also means that means next summer will be a time for more awesome road trips. I have always wanted to drive across country. Time rack up those free hotel night rewards!

As I finished writing this post, I saw a headline that a FDA panel just approved the Pfizer vaccine for US use. Let the countdown to my vaccination begin.

Take care and be safe.

Posts weekly (usually Tuesday)


No comments: