Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Da Vinci Code

I know the book came out five years ago and I've already seen the movie, but after reading a few dry and slow moving books I decided to read a record breaking bestseller because it had to be good. I mean, millions of people couldn't be wrong.

They weren't.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dan Brown's novel, The Da Vinci Code. It had an engaging plot. All the historical back story was relevant. I was interested in every character. The antagonists' motives were understandable. There were clear delinations of P.O.V. And finally, the way Dan Brown broke up the chapters - most of them short to very short - made for a quick read.

This was one of the best books I've read in awhile.

If you need something negative, the only thing I didn't get was the identity of the principal antagonist. I'll say no more.

No comments: