Saturday, May 24, 2014

Godzilla vs. X-Men

Both of my sons like the Godzilla movie more than the X-Men movie. I lean slightly towards the X-Men movie with an important caveat about violence. 

My 10-year old said the X-Men movie was confusing to him: the different characters and time travel.

Godzilla, the monster, was awesome as were his fight scenes and there was s light trace of humor  to the movie. 

The principle critique I have of Godzilla that puts X-Men over the top was the weak human-interest story and remember wondering three-quarters of the way through the movie, where's Godzilla. I'm tired of the humans.

Another reason I tilted towards the X-Men was because they were my favorite comic books in the 80's and I know all the characters .

But know that the X-Men movie is definitely for older kids because of the amount of violent death in it. 

People are speared, ripped apart and blown apart - but there is no blood splatter.  Children were in our theater, but the youngest had to be 8 or 9. I'd say most kids should be 10 or older.
Godzilla Trailer

No comments: