Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So I took a walk today...

My last post said how I was stuck in a fiction world of writing, so I took a walk today to see what I could find outside my head. This is what I found:

It was hot today.
A blazing blue sky.
Perhaps a remnant of the fires.
A white sliver of ash floated by.
Someone had owned it once:
A chair, a roof, or wall perhaps,
Or perhaps it'd been a tree or leaf.
Did it come from Sylmar, Chino or Anaheim?
Where would it land before it was kicked up again:
Pasadena, El Sereno, Downtown?
Would it make it to the sea?

Change of scenery.

Cooks in white.
Servers in black.
Tables brown.
Booths red.
Kitchen steel.
A pink pig lit up outside.
...
Spanish being sung in the kitchen.
Texting between burger flips.
The Big Three begging for money overhead.
Reality.
Basketball analysis up there as well.
Escapism.

An interesting world when one gets a chance to open their eyes and ears and think about it for awhile.

1 comment:

Kanani said...

Very nice, John! Hey, when are we getting together to talk writing?