Friday, March 26, 2021

Coronavirus - Sprint To The Finish Line

Coronavirus news keeps getting better and better.

As if to confirm that productions are ramping up across the board, I overheard a producer on one set tell a crew member that Hollywood is going full bore on filming right now. Everyone is busy, he said.

Less than a month ago, President Biden said that the vaccine rollout was going so well that by May 1st, every person over 16 will be eligible to receive the shot. Then Texas said they will move up that date in their state to March 29. As if not to be left too far behind, California moved their date for all adults to begin scheduling their vaccinations to April 15th.

President Biden on March 25th, said that by his 100th day in office over 200 million shots will be put into people's arms - that is over half of all Americans.

I keep hearing multiple people on set and even on the radio state how their entire families have been vaccinated already. The other day someone said they were planning on having a big family bbq on Easter as they have all been vaccinated.

Last week I walked into a taco shop and was asked if my tacos were for here or to go. I automatically said for here. When I sat down to eat, I realize that I had slipped back into my old pre-covid routine of indoor dining. Something I had not done in over a year. It was so odd, yet so familiar.

One common question on set is how much longer will we need coronavirus testing as more people are vaccinated. Testing is a huge expense to the entertainment industry, yet shutdowns are even more costly.

While the pace of vaccinations is rapidly increasing, there are constant reminders that we still have a long ways to go to return to our old normal.

Take care and be safe.

Posts weekly.

No comments: