At the Futures Summit I was invited to because of my film Humans Forever, I had the opportunity to speak on the panel: AI in Filmmaking: From Code to AI Reels: California, Community College Students Building Robots and AI Inspired Films. Lots of thought provoking questions were raised: what should we keep as human and give to AI; AI can complete many tasks for humans that used to take hours and days but burns fossil fuels and uses enormous amounts of water; AI is right most of the times but makes mistakes; at what point is AI a tool versus being a harmful cheat?
AI is a challenging issue to addresss, but I am glad that the California Community Colleges are addressing the technology and how to best to incorporate it into the community colleges for the teachers, administrators, and students. I am grateful my film, Humans Forever, and I were part of that discussion.


No comments:
Post a Comment